how to make an essay outline
2. One-sentence thesis statement:
a. Supporting evidence for third main idea:
This article has been viewed 496,310 times.
wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. This article received 19 testimonials and 100% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status.
For example: Story-telling should be incorporated into the curriculum of early childhood education programs in order to encourage language development in young children.
- Assert a strong position that can be challenged and debated, rather than merely describing or stating facts that cannot be contested
- Form a complete sentence that clearly explains to the reader the overall direction of the essay
- Be sufficiently narrow rather than broad, so the topic can be adequately addressed in the essay
- Communicate a single, overarching point rather than multiple points that may be too difficult or broad to support
- Be clear and specific, as opposed to overly vague, open-ended, or general
This is an outline of what a five paragraph essay looks like. To view a “written text” version of a five paragraph essay/outline, click here: Five Paragraph Essay Sample and Outline.
Third supporting idea
If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices.
Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. You may need to download version 2.0 now from the Chrome Web Store.